There are so many things one can do while visiting Amsterdam but if you happen to be on a short visit, consider these two options which will occupy your day and give you part of the best of Amsterdam.
Amsterdam Madam Tussauds and canal cruise.
- Discover the matchless exuberant fun that is an afternoon at Madame Tussauds – take selfies with celebrities, sport stars, Marvel’s Avengers, and more!
- Enjoy amazing interactive exhibits like I AM ART, and find yourself the centerpiece of the world’s most famous artworks
- Go with your newfound celebrity status for a spin on the Amsterdam canal ring with a sightseeing barge cruise
Amsterdam exploratory Visit on a budget.
Near Amsterdam’s world famous canals you can rub shoulders with world famous people: Justin Bieber, Albert Einstein, and the Dutch royals. When you’re finished, make like an A-lister and take a relaxing and scenic cruise on the very same canals. They’re on a list too. The UNESCO list!
History of Madam Tussauds in Amsterdam.
Madame Tussauds Amsterdam is a wax museum located in Amsterdam the capital city of the Netherlands. It is located in the centre of the city on Dam Square, near the Royal Palace of Amsterdam. It was founded in 1970 and was the first Madame Tussauds that was opened in mainland Europe as well as being the first foreign branch of the British institution.
The collection of Madame Tussauds Amsterdam consists of a collection of wax figures of famous celebrities in different categories such as:
- Personalities in the music industry like Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Robbie Williams, Justin Beiber, Arian Grande, Adele Hopkins, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Taylor Swift among others.
- Sports personalities like David Beckham, Lionel Messi, among others.
- Personalities of the Royal Family like Lady Diana, William of Orange, the Dutch king Willem-Alexander, the Dutch queen consort Maxima, the former Dutch Queen Wilhelmina, among others.
- Personalities of cinema like Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Sean Connery, Charlie Chaplin, Marilyn Monroe, Nicholas Cage, George Clooney, among others.
- World (political) leaders like the Dalai Lama, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, among others.
- Marvel superheroes like the Avengers (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk), Spider-Man, among others.
Canal Cruises in Amsterdam
The history of Amsterdam is intimately connected with water. It has about 165 canals which were created over the centuries to stimulate trade and transport and reclaim land to expand the city. They continue to define the city’s landscape and in 2010 Amsterdam’s canal ring was recognised as a UNESCO world heritage site.
One of the most memorable ways to discover the city’s sights and attractions in Amsterdam is by cruising through the various canals. By doing this, everything looks a bit more magical to everyone whether you are a first-timer or a frequent visitor.
Most canal cruises take around an hour, in which you’ll explore Amsterdam’s UNESCO protected canal ring and discover plenty of interesting facts about the city along the way. Alongside the excellent one-hour options, other types of canal cruises available include practical hop-on-hop-off services, romantic candle-lit tours, child-friendly adventures and intimate guided boat tours for smaller groups.
For tickets and other enquiries, kindly click on the link below.